Columbus Crew (9-6-12, 39 pts., #6 in East) vs. Chicago Fire FC (8-13-7, 31 pts., #13 in East)
Sat., September 3rd at 5:30 p.m.
Kick Childhood Cancer Night presented by Vertiv
Saturday is set to be a full day of professional soccer at Lower.com Field with a single-ticket, doubleheader event. Leading off, the Crew takes on Chicago Fire FC at 5:30 p.m. 20,000 rally towels will be given out to make one of the best match atmospheres in MLS even better! We're expecting a significant number of Chicago Fire supporters, so get loud Columbus!
Originally scheduled for 7:30 p.m., the move to an earlier kickoff sets up a packed fall day of sports in Columbus, with The Ohio State University football opening their season against the University of Notre Dame at 7:30 p.m., following the Crew’s new match time. We encourage fans to stick around to watch the Ohio State vs. Notre Dame game from The Pub and cheer on division champion Columbus Crew 2 as they battle Chicago Fire FC II at 8:30 p.m. at Lower.com Field.
Take a look at what's in store on Saturday night at Lower.com Field:
- Free rally towels for 20,000 fans in attendance!
- Special Kick Childhood Cancer player warm-up tops will be auctioned off. Proceeds benefit Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Auction begins September 6th at Crew96.givesmart.com.
- Learn more about how to support kids fighting cancer from NC4K, a Columbus nonprofit organization that provides financial, emotional support, and events for play.
- Try to win prizes at Vertiv Peel & Reveal, Nationwide's Kick & Win and Lower.com's Soccer Skee-Ball.
- Enjoy Scott's Yard Games, which include Giant Jenga, Connect 4, Cornhole and Soccer Pong.
- Cheer loud for the kids taking the ceremonial first kick and escorting players to the field.
- Our Ceremonial First Kick will be taken by a local pediatric cancer patient.
- Our Player Escorts will include NC4K kids.
- We encourage fans to stick around for the Crew 2 game and to watch the Ohio State vs. Notre Dame game from The Pub!
- Enjoy $5 "You Call It" drink options in The Pub and on the Community Plaza after the Crew match.
Free Rally Towels | Sat., Sept. 3rd at 5:30 p.m.
Only two regular season home matches left, and the push for a playoff spot continues! Cheer loud and proud on Saturday!
Prior to Arrival
Be sure to arrive early to take in the unique experience at Lower.com Field! There are a number of features that allow for a seamless arrival at the stadium:
Know Before You Go
- View the centralized resource for additional matchday topics, including ingress, parking, mobile ticketing, maps, and more.
- For a detailed list of matchday- or stadium-related information, refer to the A-Z Guide.
- All tickets for the match are available through mobile devices; please download your ticket in advance. The easiest place to access your mobile tickets is through the official Columbus Crew App.
- No more long waits to get your ticket scanned! Scan your own ticket(s) at the Axess turnstiles, similar to what you see at the airport.
- Express Entry: Lower.com Field is now offering Touchless Entry featuring seamless and quick access into the stadium through Facial Ticketing. Look for the yellow “Express Entry” signs above turnstiles on the left-hand side of the AEP Gate (southeast corner). Fans can sign up for Free Express Entry before the match for the fastest way to get into Lower.com Field!
- For more information, view the Mobile Ticketing page.
Free Stadium WiFi
- Connect to Lower.com Field's free WiFi presented by Tipico Sportsbook on your phone for a faster mobile connection (Name: Stadium WiFi)
- Lower.com Field is a cashless stadium. Cash2Card kiosks are located throughout the stadium.
- Lower.com Field will offer its full slate of food & beverage options. View a full list of food vendors here.
- The Crew Shop will close three hours prior to kick on matchday and open again for ticketed guests when Lower.com Field gates open.
- View Crew Shop hours of operation.
- Collapsible, non-golf umbrellas are permitted inside Lower.com Field.
- Umbrellas may not have metal tips or pointed edges.
- Umbrellas may be used if, when open, it provides protection only to the guest holding it and does not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the match or event. Similarly, the open umbrella must not compromise other guests' ability to view the match or event. As such, guests may be asked to close their umbrella if it is obstructing the view of other guests.
- Large and/or golf umbrellas will not be permitted in Lower.com Field.
Leaving Lower.com Field
- View the recommended egress routes following matches at Lower.com Field.