Columbus Crew vs. FC Cincinnati - Sun., August 20 at 7:30 p.m.
What started as a billboard on the highway between Columbus and Cincinnati is now the name for the massive rivalry between the two cities and their MLS Clubs -- Hell Is Real
Your Crew—the highest scoring team in MLS—will host rival FC Cincinnati—the top team in the East—in front of a sold-out standing-room-only crowd at Lower.com Field this Sunday!
Make sure to fly your flags and rep your Crew all week to show everyone that Ohio is Black & Gold.
Can't make it to the match? Tune in on 97.1 The Fan or La Mega 103.1 or watch on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV.
Scroll below to learn more about the activities of this rivalry match day. Supporters are encouraged to arrive as early as possible and pre-purchase parking to enjoy the festivities.
- Hop in to our 96-minute happy hour starting at 4:24 p.m. and dive into pre-match discounted food and drink ($3 hot dogs, $5 domestic and $6 craft beers) until 6:00 p.m. Cater to the kids with kids meals starting at $5!
- Music Columbus’ MoJo Flow and the Divas! will entertain with live music.
- Cast your vote in the Hell is Real Hot Sauce Tasting Contest featuring four local businesses. One supporter who participates will be selected to win a bottle of the contestants’ sauces and Crew-themed memorabilia.
- Try your luck at winning prizes through the Nationwide's Kick & Win and Lower.com Soccer Skee-ball.
March to the Match
- Crew fans of all ages are invited pre-match to join the lively and inclusive March to the Match. In a Black & Gold showing through the Arena District and ending in Astor Park, the march provides an opportunity to capture the intense build-up to this rivalry match day.
- View the map below for location and timing information.
- Lower.com Field is located in a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) - visit arenadistrict.com/dora for details
Matchday Team Arrival
- At 5:55 p.m., **cheer on your Crew as the team arrives at the West Lobby** on Columbus Crew Way!
- Fans at the 96-minute happy hour who wish to attend the team arrival should see an experience team member.
RJD2 on the-ones-and-twos
- Prior to kickoff, RJD2 – a well-known artist from Columbus who has performed throughout the country – will begin spinning tracks as the Crew’s in-stadium DJ to hype up the crowd throughout the match.
A Match Ignitor You Won't Want To Miss
- The Black & Gold will once again spark excitement with a unique Match Ignitor for Sunday’s contest.
- The Match Ignitor was introduced to the team’s pre-match elements for each game in 2023 to celebrate notable leaders in Columbus prior kickoff.
New Hot Dishes
- Get a taste of the heat with food and beverage offerings crafted specifically for the rivalry game at Lower.com Field.
- Donatos Hell is Real Pizza – Currently available at Central Ohio locations, Donatos will prepare its rivalry-inspired pizza, featuring hot chicken, jalapenos and sliced pickle with a ranch drizzle.
- Dirty Franks Hot Frankie – The spiciest hot dog on their menu, the coney includes sriracha cream cheese, flaming hot crispy chips and cheddar cheese.
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich – Buffalo chicken sandwich topped with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and ranch, plus a side of flaming hot crispy chips. Available at Donatos (northeast corner) and Columbus Craves (upper and lower locations).
- Cheddar jalapeno brat – Bratwurst served with jalapeno nacho cheese, diced spicey peppers and green onions. Offered at Links and Beers.
- Mini corndogs – Available with chipotle ranch dipping sauce at The Pub
- Flamin’ Hot Smokestack – Macaroni and cheese with pulled pork, chipotle barbeque sauce, flaming hot crispy chips and green onions. Can be found at BBQ Stands located near Sections 105 and 130.
- Spicy Meatball Sub – Served at The Pub, Grandma Fortunata’s meatballs on a hoagie with Calabrian chili pepper tomato sauce and melted mozzarella.
- Hell or High Water Cocktail – Tequila margarita with mango and strawberry complemented by cayenne and sprinkled banana cotton candy.
- Please be advised that fireworks and pyrotechnics will be used during the match. After a Crew goal and win, lighting effects will be utilized that may influence certain medical conditions.
- See "Sensory Solutions" section below for more information.
Prior to Arrival
Be sure to arrive early to take in the unique experience at Lower.com Field! There are a number of features that allow for a seamless arrival at the stadium:
Know Before You Go
- Review the Know Before You Go resource page to know what to expect on matchday at Lower.com Field.
- View the centralized resource for additional matchday topics, including ingress, parking, mobile ticketing, maps, and more.
- For a detailed list of matchday- or stadium-related information, refer to the A-Z Guide.
- Review our Transportation & Parking page for information on all the ways to get to and from Lower.com Field on matchday.
- If you plan to use a rideshare service to get to/from the match (Lyft/Uber), please note that drop-off and pick-up is located on Hanover Street, just south of Nationwide Boulevard.
- Reserve Parking Prior to Arrival
- Clutch bags smaller than 5” x 8” x 1”, diaper bags and medical bags are permitted into Lower.com – All bags are subject to inspection and may be refused.
- Click here for our full Bag Policy.
- All tickets for the match are available through mobile devices; please download your ticket in advance. The easiest place to access your mobile tickets is through the official Columbus Crew App.
- No more long waits to get your ticket scanned! Scan your own ticket(s) at the Axess turnstiles, similar to what you see at the airport.
- Express Entry: Lower.com Field is now offering Express Entry featuring seamless and quick access into the stadium through Facial Ticketing. Look for the yellow “Express Entry” signs above turnstiles on the left-hand side of the AEP Gate (southeast corner). Fans can sign up for Free Express Entry before the match for the fastest way to get into Lower.com Field!
- For more information, view the Mobile Ticketing page.
Free Stadium WiFi
- Connect to Lower.com Field's free WiFi on your phone for a faster mobile connection (Name: Stadium WiFi)
- Lower.com Field is a cashless stadium. Cash2Card kiosks are located throughout the stadium.
- The Crew Shop will open at 4:24 p.m.
- View Crew Shop hours of operation.
- If a guest becomes overwhelmed to the point that remaining in their seat is uncomfortable, they can find an Experience Team member near Section 120 and inquire about using a sensory room. Lower.com Field offers two (s) soundproof sensory rooms with various seating options, a TV and remote, lighted wall installations for a calming environment, and various tactile stimuli mounted on the walls. There is no time limit on the usage of these rooms, and they are open to guests of all ages.
- Fans can take a Sensory Inclusion Pack by visiting the Koorsen Guest Services Center, located behind Section 112 on the Main Concourse, or outside the West Premium Lobby entrance. Packs intended to reduce impact of the in-person experience that may be overwhelming to some of our guests include items such as fidget toys, a weighted lap pad, sunglasses, non-verbal cards, and noise-reducing headphones. Guests taking a Sensory Inclusion Pack will be asked to leave a driver’s license as collateral.