COLUMBUS — Crew Youth, Columbus Crew’s arm of soccer programming targeting youth soccer players ages four to 14, today announced the seven newest partner clubs to join the Crew Network: All Out SC, Barcelona United, Club Ohio, Columbus United SC, Pride SC, Spire FC and Team Challenger FC.
“We’re excited to welcome seven new partner clubs into the Crew Network,” said Crew Youth Technical Director for Youth Partnerships Robert Spain. “Our pilot program has been a success and we look forward to working with clubs in the Greater Columbus area and beyond as we continue to grow the Crew Network.”
The Crew Network, which launched last year, is focused on the Greater Ohio region and gives youth players, coaches, parents and administrators access to unique experiences and opportunities. Additionally, network clubs receive both technical and commercial benefits from the Crew, such as player training opportunities, access to the Crew’s coaching staff, as well as increased brand exposure. With the addition of the seven new clubs, the Crew Network has grown to include 16 partner clubs.
- All Out SC: Located in Mount Vernon and is part of All Out Sports. All Out SC aims to challenge players at any level to better themselves as people and better their skills as soccer players.
- Barcelona United: Founded in 2011, Barcelona United brings an exceptional, professionally-run youth soccer program to Pickerington and Central Ohio. Barcelona United offers year-round programming to boys and girls starting at age four.
- Club Ohio: Established in 1997 in Dublin, Club Ohio has more than 1,200 boy and girl players, ranging from ages 7 to 19 as of January 2020. Club Ohio also has approximately 100 teams and more than 70 coaches on staff.
- Columbus United: Founded in 1988 as a men’s amateur team, Columbus United is one of the oldest soccer clubs in Ohio. In 2015, Columbus United started youth teams for boys and girls. The club is located in Lewis Center, Ohio.
- Pride SC: Located in Canal Winchester, Pride SC comprises approximately 600 players from ages 6 through 19 spanning over 35 different school districts and eight counties. Notably, Pride SC boasts more than 35 professionally licensed coaches.
- Spire FC: Part of the Spire Institute and Academy in Geneva, Spire FC launched in May of this year after acquiring FC Evolution. Spire FC is one of two Crew Network partner clubs in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Team Challenger FC: Founded in 2007 in the Greater Cleveland area, Team Challenger is divided into Team Challenger FC North and Team Challenger FC South. Current Crew First Team players and Crew Academy products Isaiah Parente and Sean Zawadzki are both Team Challenger FC alumni.
Clubs and youth soccer organizations interested in receiving more information about the Crew Network should contact Crew Technical Director for Youth Partnerships Robert Spain (email@example.com).
ABOUT COLUMBUS CREW
Columbus Crew is the first club in Major League Soccer. The Crew is operated by The Edwards Family and Haslam Sports Group. The Black & Gold are the 2021 Campeones Cup winners. The Club has won two MLS Cup championships in 2008 and 2020, one Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2002, as well as MLS Supporters’ Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. The 2022 campaign is the Crew’s 27th season in MLS as well as the Club’s first full season at Lower.com Field.