COLUMBUS – Following Saturday’s 2-1 Decision Day win at Lower.com Field against CF Montréal, the Columbus Crew claimed the Eastern Conference’s No. 3 seed, earning homefield advantage in Round One of the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs. Based on MLS Supporters’ Shield standings after tying the franchise record with 57 points, the Club also clinched a spot in the 2024 Concacaf Champions Cup, its first appearance since 2021 following its 2020 MLS Cup victory.
Today, the Black & Gold launched its “All Together Now” campaign, inspired by the incredible, unifying atmosphere created by Crew supporters at Lower.com Field this year that will resonate throughout Columbus during this year’s playoffs. It debuts with a powerful video supported by Crew personnel declaring the communal tagline in their native language, encompassing six in total (English, Spanish, French, German, Danish and Romanian). The “All Together Now” postseason initiative is in association with OhioHealth.
With homefield advantage in Round One, Columbus hosts its first-ever postseason match at Lower.com Field against Atlanta United FC at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1. After playing the second contest at Atlanta on Tuesday, Nov. 7 (7 p.m.), the Crew would hold the determining game of the best-of-three series at home, if necessary, on Sunday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m.
POSTSEASON SINGLE-MATCH TICKETS:
GAME 3 (if necessary): Crew vs. Atlanta (7 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 12; Lower.com Field)
Limited single-match tickets for Round One matches at Lower.com Field are available now. In the event the third fixture of the series is not played, fans will receive a full refund of their purchase.
Crew Season Ticket Members received the first opportunity to acquire postseason tickets through playoff strips, guaranteeing their current locations at the best available prices for all home postseason matches while only being charged when home contests are confirmed through a “Pay As We Play” structure.
Throughout the playoffs, the Black & Gold will unite the city through “All Together Now.” During the first playoff match at Lower.comField, fans will receive a commemorative rally towel, made possible with the support of OhioHealth and G&J Pepsi.
The Black & Gold will host a watch party for fans to gather at Lower.com Field’s Chase Plaza and The Pub for the match at Atlanta on Tuesday, Nov. 7. More information on securing free tickets to the event will be available soon. The Club will also activate at each of the Crew Pub Network establishments in Greater Columbus.
Every Wednesday of the postseason from 4-6 p.m., excluding matchdays, the Club will conduct a “reverse carwash,” presented by OhioHealth, on Columbus Crew Way, offering supporters the opportunity to deck out their vehicles in Black & Gold. The first 50 fans joining the event will receive a coupon for a free carwash from Moo Moo Express Car Wash.
During the playoffs, the Club’s grounds crew will be stenciling “Go Crew!” in prominent locations throughout Columbus, in collaboration with Columbus Recreation and Parks. Supporters can enter for the chance to win a visit from the team to emblazon the phrase on their personal lawns. Crew “All Together Now” yard signs will also be available to supporters during the playoffs, as supplies last.
Columbus finished the regular season 12-1-4 at home in 2023 MLS play and has lost only one of its past 26 home contests in all competitions since Aug. 2022 (17-1-8). In addition to tying the Club record for overall points in a season, the team’s 12 home wins and 40 points at home tied and set single-season franchise bests, respectively, since the 34-match MLS schedule was introduced in 2011. The Crew also established a new club standard by compiling a +27 goal differential at home (+16 in 2020), the highest total in MLS this year.
Thanks to passionate Black & Gold fans, the Crew on Saturday recorded their 14th consecutive and 15th overall sold-out MLS match at Lower.com Field in 2023, both of which are all-time Club records. Seven of this year’s home fixtures rank in the top 10 for attendance since Lower.com Field opened in July 2021.
Crew Season Ticket Members receive special benefits such as a subscription to Apple TV’s MLS Season Pass; invitations to exclusive, member-only events; a discount at the Crew Shop; monthly, interest free payment plans; the ability to purchase discounted parking; pre-sale access to non-soccer events at Lower.com Field, Historic Crew Stadium and Cleveland Browns Stadium; and a dedicated account manager and service representative. Fans interested in more information on Season Ticket Memberships are encouraged to call 614-447-2739, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.columbuscrew.com/tickets/memberships to get connected with a Season Ticket Member representative.
The MLS introduced a new playoff format in 2023 with nine clubs from each conference advancing to the postseason. After the single-elimination Wild Card matches between the No. 8-9 seeds on Oct. 25-26, the top-four finishers from each conference are guaranteed homefield advantage in the Round One best-of-three series.
Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule:
- Wild Card matches: Oct. 25-26
- Round One Best-of-Three series matches: Oct. 28-Nov. 12
- Conference Semifinals: Nov. 25-26
- Conference Finals: Dec. 2-3
- MLS Cup presented by Audi: Dec. 9.
Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Format:
- Seeds No. 1-7 in each conference will automatically qualify for the Round One Best-of-3 series.
- Seeds No. 8-9 in each conference will qualify for the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Wild Card matches.
Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Wild Card Matches:
- Conference Wild Card Matches: No. 8 vs. No. 9
- Two single-game elimination matches hosted by the higher seed.
- If the score of a Wild Card game is tied at the end of regulation, no extra time will be played, teams will participate in kicks from the penalty spot to determine the winner.
- The winner of each Wild Card match will advance to the Round One Best-of-3 series to face the conference No. 1 seed.
Round One Best-of-3 Series:
Conference Round One Best-of-Three Series
- No. 1 vs. No. 8 or 9
- No. 2 vs. No. 7
- No. 3 vs. No. 6
- No. 4 vs. No. 5
Every Round One game will have a winner; no ties, no aggregate score.
Matches will be hosted in a home-away-home format:
- Match 1: Higher seed hosts
- Match 2: Lower seed hosts
- Match 3: Higher seed hosts
If a match is tied at the end of regulation, no extra time will be played, teams will participate in kicks from the penalty spot to determine the winner.
The first team to win two matches will advance.
Conference Semifinals (Nov. 25-26)
- Winner of No. 1 vs. No. 8/9 series vs. winner of No. 4 vs. No. 5 series
- Winner of No. 3 vs. No. 6 series vs. winner of No. 2 vs. No. 7 series
- Single-game elimination matches, hosted by the higher seed.
- If the score of a Conference Semifinal game is tied at the end of regulation, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety. If the score is still tied at the end of the two extra time periods, teams will participate in kicks from the penalty spot to determine the winner.
Conference Finals (Dec. 2-3)
- Highest advancing seed hosting lowest advancing seed
- Single-elimination match hosted by the higher seed.
- If the score of a Conference Final game is tied at the end of regulation, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety. If the score is still tied at the end of the two extra time periods, teams will participate in kicks from the penalty spot to determine the winner.
MLS Cup presented by Audi
- A single match hosted by the higher seed.
- If the score of the game is tied at the end of regulation, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety. If the score is still tied at the end of the two extra time periods, teams will participate in kicks from the penalty spot to determine the winner.
CLAIM YOUR SPOT FOR PLAYOFFS!
Secure your seat today and be ready to defend our home once more in the final contest of the three-match series.