SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIPS: Secure your seat at the New Crew Stadium today!
Up next, Columbus returns to play on Wednesday, April 28 in Leg One of a Quarterfinal match-up against Liga MX side CF Monterrey at Historic Crew Stadium, with kickoff slated for 8:30 p.m. ET.
*This editorial was provided by MLSsoccer.com and edited by ColumbusCrewSC.com
CREW SC MATCH NOTES
- With his shutout in tonight’s 0-0 draw against the Philadelphia Union, goalkeeper Eloy Room extended his shutout streak to four consecutive matches across all competitions dating back to the 2020 MLS Cup against Seattle Sounders FC (December 12). During today’s contest Room made five saves en route to helping Crew SC to a 0-0 result.
- With his start in tonight’s Opening Match against the Philadelphia Union, defender Milton Valenzuela made his 50th regular-season appearance for Crew SC. During tonight’s match, the defender played all 90 minutes, making four tackles, creating one goal-scoring chance and getting 66 touches on the ball – more than any other player on the squad. Since joining the Crew ahead of the 2018 season, Valenzuela has tallied one goal and nine assists in regular-season action.
- With tonight’s match ending in a draw, Crew SC is now undefeated in its last four regular-season matches against the Philadelphia Union with a record of 3-0-1. Additionally, the Black & Gold are undefeated against the Union in their last seven regular-season home matches at Historic Crew Stadium with a record of 4-0-3 while outscoring them 7-1.
- Midfielder Alexandru Matan made his Crew SC debut during tonight’s match. Matan came in as a substitute for Pedro Santos the 88th minute of the match. The 21-year-old midfielder joined Crew SC from Romanian side Viitorul Constanta on March 8, 2021.
- Up next, the Crew hosts CF Monterrey at Historic Crew Stadium on Wednesday, April 28 in a 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals First Leg match.